- Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition »
- Immunization and Vaccine Development »
- Reproductive and Women’ Health »
WHO promotes the continuum of care spanning from pregnancy and childbirth, to childhood, adolescence and beyond.
The vision of this cluster, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals, is to support countries to end preventable maternal and child death and control vaccine preventable diseases; improve nutrition, sexual and reproductive health, gender, equity and human rights, and promote healthy ageing. Its mission is to promote health through the life cycle.The cluster addresses Child and Adolescent Health and Nutrition; Immunization and Vaccine Development; and Reproductive and Women’s Health.
Its priorities are to:
- To improve the availability, accessibility and utilization of quality health care services along the life cycle
- Ensure achievement of universal immunization coverage within the WHO African Region
- Ensure accountability, measurement and tracking mechanisms for reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health, and immunization
- Reduce maternal, neonatal and under five mortality by 50% by 2020 in the African Region
- Achieve elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV by 2030
- Improve adolescent health and development
- Ensure universal access to sexual and reproductive health